“The power to change is in your hands and your hands only. No one else can do it for you.”
Dr Libby Weaver
A few thoughts on taking control of your own health …
- Stop blaming others; seldom are others the real cause of our problems, and are only an excuse we use to stop us from taking responsibility for the situation we find ourselves in.
- Stop complaining; complaining only puts everything in a negative. Try to see the glass half full rather than half empty, and perhaps the challenge will seem more achievable than insurmountable.
- Don’t take things too personally; it’s easy to be consumed with worrying about what others think about us or to take offense so easily that we can’t move on or try anything new.
- Live in the moment; living in the past keeps us from moving forward, and thinking only of the future means we sometimes don’t knuckle down and actually get on with doing anything in the now.
- Stay calm; try to find some structure or regular processes to follow rather than trying to achieve things within chaos and confusion.