Many of us on a weight loss journey fall into the ‘all or nothing’ category of people. Our mentality is all about being perfect – or completely falling off the wagon. This is a major reason that we lose some weight, gain some weight, or exercise for a while, and then stop.
So my advise? Stop trying to be perfect and focus on being a little bit better each day. Here are some examples for you:-
- Add 500 steps to your total step count every week.
- Prepare your breakfast each day.
- If you are a coffee fiend, then swop out every other coffee for a glass of water.
- If you like the gym but can’t find the motivation to go, find a friend and commit to one session a week with your friend.
- Give yourself credit for the small wins. Instead of focusing on what you haven’t done, keep focused on what you have achieved.
- Keep a track of where you are, and where you’ve come from. You will be able to see progress and celebrate it.
- Eat slowly and mindfully, am I comfortably full, do I need any more food?
- Think positively. If you slip up, then acknowledge the fact and move on. Don’t give up, waiting to start fresh the following week!
- Write down your goals in small and simple steps to start, but with a greater goal in mind.
- Work out what the advantages of losing weight are for you. Write them down and keep them with you. Every time you falter, read your list again and remind yourself of why you are on this journey.