It’s January and we all start out with the best intentions …
- I’m going to lose 2 stone in 2 months!
- I’m not going to drink any alcohol for the whole of January
- I’m starting a new exercise regime and I’ll work out 5 days a week
Two weeks into January, everything’s fallen apart and we don’t know why –
So take some time over the Christmas Break to ask yourself some questions – the more honest you can be with yourself the more likely you are to succeed when January comes along; set a goal and then ask yourself these questions
- What do I really want?
- Why do I want it?
- How am I going to achieve this goal?
- Is my goal realistic?
- Menu planning is the best way to keep on track – can I do that?
- What foods do I really like?
- Is there a way of eating that suits me and my lifestyle?
- Can I maintain this as a way of life?
- Do I have time for food preparation?
- If not, how can I make more time – preparing in advance at weekends perhaps?
- Do I exercise?
- If not what do I like to do?
- If I already exercise – how can I change it up to make more progress?
- Have I set a goal that I have attached meaning to so I can really achieve it?
These questions are designed to help you find out exactly what you want, and if you are completely honest with yourself then you are far more likely to succeed.
Take some time and set your goals for 2020.